Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, my friends! Hope you are all having a wonderful time with family and friends. I guess I'll post my last holiday card of the year to celebrate it! =)


I was inspired by Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #112. Here is the sketch.


This time I followed the sketch pretty closely and made a one layer card (if you don't count the twine). =)


I first stamped the bells from Wplus9's Silver Bells set, masked it then stamped Music Background from Hero Arts as the backdrop. I then stamped the wreath from Woodland Wreaths set over the bells to create the wreath that I had in mind. The bell image is then colored with Copic markers.


The sentiment is from Silver Bells set and I also added some shadow around the wreath with Copic markers to make it stand out from the background. This was a really fun one to make, hope you likey!

Have a fabulous Christmas, my friends! =)

Thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (Rustic White) Papertrey Ink
rubber stamp: (Music Background) Hero Arts
clear stamps: (bells, sentiment, wreath) Wplus9
dye inks: (Dark Chocolate, Fine Linen, Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado) Papertrey Ink
coloring medium: (markers) Copic
fiber: (burlap string) May Arts
card size: 4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

mgoll88 said…
Nice card, wish you a merry christmas!

LG
Michaela
Taheerah said…
Beautiful card Alice!! Your wreath looks so realistic!! Merry Christmas!!! :-)
~amy~ said…
Looks lovely!
Merry Christmas Alice!!!
Lin said…
Beautiful card, Alice, love the music in the background! Merry Christmas!
alexandra s.m. said…
Absolutely Stunning Alice!
Merry Christmas to you and Yours~
Emily Leiphart said…
Wow, the depth is incredible, Alice! It doesn't look one-layer at all. I'm impressed with your masking. You are the queen! :D
Cindy H. said…
Love this beautiful card! At first I couldn't believe it was one layer as it's so dimensional looking. Then after reading your description realized it's that very light touch of gray that makes it pop. I'm definitely going to try this! Thanks for all that you share. I check your site daily and I'm soooo inspired by your gorgeous works of art.
What a gorgeous card, Alice!
Anonymous said…
Fabulous and gorgeous Christmas card! I love your musical background, your wreath is looking so real and the bells are pretty! Thank you for the inspiration :)
-Helen Gullett-
Clare said…
So pretty! That background really helps set the tone for the beautifully stamped wreath!
I haven't seen that wreath having so much depth to it when stamped, you nailed it my friend! I wanted to recreate that look but it was nothing like yours :) I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and I wish you an even better New Year!

Popular Posts