SCRS 1st Anniversary Throwback Challenge

Hi all! Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps is celebrating their 1st Anniversary this month and there will be lots of festivities going on. First up is the 1st Anniversary Throwback Challenge.


Here is my card for the challenge.


The challenge is to use one of the original 8 stamps (Charlotte with a Rose, Cocktail Emily, Cupcake Ruby, Lantern Rin, Scooter Chloe, Surfing Oliver, Swimming Lucy, Turntable Josh) for your cards. This challenge will run all month and the winner of this challenge will receive the ENTIRE August release. How cool is that? Can't wait to see what you make for this challenge!


I used the beautiful Charlotte with a Rose for my card. She is definitely one of my all time favorites. I know her apron and headscarf my look "dirty," but they are really intended to be light grey-ish. =) She is stamped on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock. The image is then colored with Copic markers before I cut and embossed it using a Labels 18 die.


I then masked Charlotte using this masking paper and stamped Hero Arts Friend Definition over the piece. The whole piece is then inked with antique linen distress ink. The patterned paper is from Out of Print collection by BasicGrey, I can only tell you that this collection is a must have! Yummy! =) The heart tag and sentiment are from Tiny Tags by Papertrey Ink.

That's it for now. Please check out what the other design team members came up with for this challenge and find out all the details for the challenge here.

Oh! Here is the special sale that SCRS is running this month:



Hope you can join us for the festivities in the coming days! =)





Have a beautiful day and thanks for stopping by!







supplies:
cardstock: (Kraft card base, white) Papertrey Ink
stamps: (Charlotte with a Rose) Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, (Friend Definition) Hero Arts, (Tiny Tags) Papertrey Ink
patterned paper: BasicGrey
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
silk ribbon: May Arts
mulberry paper flower from my stash
dies: (Labels 18) Spellbinders, (Tiny Tags, border) Papertrey Ink
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape
Copics used:
skin: E01, E00, E000, R20, R22
hair: E49, E47, E44, E43
dress, ear ring: RV23, RV21, RV10
apron, headscarf: W3, W1, W00
rose: YR23, RV34, RV23, RV21, YG17, YG03, YG01
tag: RV34, RV32, RV21, E42, E41, E40
card size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

yyam said…
Just so gorgeous! That dark background adds such a touch of class! :)
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a gorgeous card!
Maylee said…
what an awesome and elegant card! Love it Alice. Brace yourself the the heat that's coming our way this weekend : ) hugs!
Mary J said…
So fresh and beautiful Alice - I lvoe it!
1LuvnMama said…
Wowie Alice! I think Charlotte with Rose is my fav too! I inked her once and can't wait to ink her up again soon! Maybe join in on the festivities at SCRS!
Jodi Collins said…
This is DARLING Alice! LOVE the nestie you used to cut her out! SO elegant!
Unknown said…
Simply gorgeous, Alice! Love the sweet text background!
Kerri said…
This is so gorgeous, Alice! I love the Nesties and that dp, and the text bg, and that bow and well EVERYTHING!!!
Anonymous said…
A darling of a card!! I am in love with the spellbinders label die!
Cute stamp!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja
Dorcas said…
THis is really beautiful, Alice!
Virginia L. said…
LOVE how you used the BG paper ( I have that pack!!!-YUM)! Do show me how to use it....!! I Want more!
Suzanne C said…
Beautiful frame and lovely border. Sweet image and card!

Popular Posts