Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #124

Happy Friday! Do you have any plan for the weekend? We are taking our cat children to get their shots tomorrow. I think the ride in the car will be interesting...

On to today's card for Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge. Here is this week's sketch:

Here is my card:

The super fun halloween themed paper are from graphic 45's
Halloween in Wonderland collection. This is a very fun collection and I really like it. I think some of the B-sides can be used in non-halloween cards.

The center trick or treat stamp and the bat are from Waltzingmouse Stamps' Midnight Feast set. It's a very pretty halloween set and the font on this one is kind of fun, so I think it's perfect for my card.

The pumpkin dude and zombie are from The Greeting Farm. I don't actually own this retired stamp set, a very sweet friend sent those stamped images to me last year. Thanks, girl! =)

The funky scallop border was cut using Tim Holtz' Scallops border die. I dyed the seam binding with dusty concord. I used the same dying method as Donna used in this post. I pressed dusty concord on my craft sheet, spritzed it with some water and used the seam binding to pick up the ink. Super easy way to customize your own ribbons!

Well, that's all I have for now. Don't forget to check out what all the other members of the TESC Sketch Crew came up with for this sketch!! Here are the links:


Thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: The Greeting Farm (zombie & pumpkin dude), Waltzingmouse Stamps (centiment, bat)
patterned paper: Graphic 45
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
seam binding: Hug Snugs
dies: Spellbinders (circles, scallop circle, rectangles), Sizzix (scalloped border)
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug
Copic used:
zombi: E01, E00, E000, W3, W1, W00
pumpkin dude: YR07, YR04, YR02, V06, V12, V000, YG17, YG03, YG01, YG63

Comments

Jamie N. said…
Oh this is way too cute! I love the way you colored the pumpkin dude...and zombie boy...

Way awesome!
Taylor said…
This is super cute, Alice!! Love how you flipped the sketch!

Good luck with your cats this weekend! I hate taking ours to the vet. They cry the whole way there (and I'm sure you know how awful cat cries can be!) and then once we get them inside they hiss at all the other animals there. So embarrassing! They really are nice cats, but apparently they don't like any other animals! lol
Michelle said…
Love love the zombie!! too cute:-) the best halloween card i've seen this season. Such a stunner!!
Stamping Cafe said…
This is super cute Halloween card, Alice! I don't usually make Halloween card, but I enjoy seeing other people's creations! Yours ROCK!!

Have a beautiful weekend! I hope your cat children is going to be okay with their shots!
donna mikasa said…
Love your take on the sketch and your ribbon turned out great! Love the purple! Good luck with your kitties and their shots...poor babies!
Too cute girlie! Happy Friday!
Tomo H. said…
Super cute card! WOW! The color scheme is amazing, too!
Thank you Alice for your frequent visit and many of your lovely comments! I come here not so often, but I enjoy reading and seeing your posts when I access here! And every time, you always amaze me... Thank you so much, Alice! :)
P.S. Don't you think one of my(??) kitties looks like your Jamie? Good luck with your cats tomorrow! :) :) :)
Jami said…
Your card is super adorable and I love the sketch flipped like that! Great tip on dying ribbon too - thanks!
Courtney K said…
totally cute! love how you turned the sketch around. and that tim holtz die-cut - it is my absolute most used die-cut ever.
Virginia L. said…
Absolutley lovely! Good luck on getting the kitties to the vet!! xoxo
Marlene said…
Adorable card! Love that mummy!! Good luck with the trip to the vet.

No special plans here.
Monika Reeck said…
tooo cute for words Alice...love this in purple :)
cashemere said…
Hi Alice!!!
I love the mummy, so cute card!!!
You´re an artist.
Kisses from Brasil
Débora
Shirley N said…
So cute Alice, great take on that sketch, the mummy is adorable! I love your ribbon, the color is perfect for this card. Have a great weekend!
Jenny said…
So adorable Alice, I love it!! :) :) :) :)
BabyBokChoy said…
How utterly adorable is this card?!! Love it!! I so so so love that G45 collection, got some at CHA, can't wait to use it!
Clare said…
So CUTE!! I love those sweet little images, and the ribbon is gorgeous!! Awesome design!
this is super adorable and the I agree the Graphic 45 paper is divine! What a great find to share those images with you.
Anonymous said…
Alice, you always make the most adorable cards!!!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, your comments make me smile :D
CraftyC said…
Beautiful card Alice, love the cute images!
Clairex
Sue McRae said…
How adorable is this card Alice! The mummy made me giggle!
Tyggereye said…
Eek! This is the cutest Halloween card I've seen so far! I LOVE IT!! I love the style and design. So cute. The little bat tops it off. Greatness! Let the Halloween cards begin! More more I say!
Suzanne C said…
Adorable card. What a surprise. I was looking at the sketch and expecting something flowery and very beautiful and then what a cute adorable halloween card! Love the little images and your coordinating ribbon.
Kathy said…
Hey Sista, how are you?? Love your card and the stamps selection and as always your masterful coloring. Thanks for you awesome note. Many hugs,Kathy
Julie said…
This is totally adorable, Alice! I love those little monsters!! Super cute!
Monika/Buzsy said…
This is super cute Alice! Love the spooky images... and great paper... love how you turned the sketch! Works well that way! :o)
Fabulous Card Alice! So cute and the coloring is outstanding! This came our so perfect for the sketch! Fantastic Job!
:) Rachel
Tasha said…
This is the cutest card. Love the layout and the fabulous DP and images you have used
love tasha xx
Rosie said…
Nice how you flipped the sketch! Such a nice halloween card!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
This is so cute! And of course I love the way you incorporated the Waltzingmouse Stamps (*wink*)
Melissa Sauls said…
Oh Alice, this is just sooo stinkin' adorable!!!! I love those adorable images and of course, your gorgeous coloring. :)
Cindy Major said…
Love it!! What a pleasure it is to visit your blog :)

Cindy

Popular Posts